Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm not just Lucky!!!

So I get this a lot. People ask me if I am getting any sleep at all. In fact it's almost always the first question I get when I tell people I have 12 week old twins. They always have a concerned look in their faces like oh this poor new mom must be so sleep deprived. It is always astounishing for them to hear my response, which is... "Actually the girls sleep through the night and they have been since they were 7 weeks". The funniest part is the next phrase that comes from them ( them being half the people I talk to). "You are so lucky".
Really it has nothing to do with Luck. Personnally I don't really believe in it so it would be the last thing I would consider. The truth of the matter is that Ben and I have worked hard and diligently since the girls were born to get them on a good schedule. Not only that but in my household we really like our sleep! Especially me! So our big goal from the beginning was to figure out how to help our children to sleep. I think the girls are happier throughout the day because they get lots of sleep at night. They probably have a little of their momma in them too. So I just wanted to clarify that I am not really a lucky person I just believe in getting some sleep :)

1 comment:

  1. Nope, you are not just lucky, you're blessed! And I know for a fact how hard you and Ben have worked to keep the girls on a reasonable schedule. The two of you amaze me with how you parent! Take things in stride and do the work of parenting. I am so proud of you. I am so glad you will get to be a stay at home mommy too!

    ReplyDelete